What are cookies?
Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your browsing device (such as a computer or smartphone) when you visit a website. Cookies can be recognized by the website that downloaded them or other websites that use the same cookies. This helps websites know if the browsing device has visited them before.
What are web beacons?
Some of our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes also called clear gifs or pixel tags). Web beacons are usually a small image located on a webpage or email that you are viewing. The request your Internet-connected device makes to fetch the image from the server/computer it is stored on is recorded and provides us with information such as the IP address of the computer wanting to view the image, the time the image was viewed, and the type of browser viewing the image. This information is available to any website you visit. For example, we are able to use it to help us deliver cookies, count visits, prevent fraud and to tell if an email or advertisement has been opened and acted upon. In short, cookies work together with web beacons to accomplish the functions and purposes described herein.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like helping us understand how our website is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
What types of cookies does RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE use?
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to make our website work. They enable you to move around our site and use its features. Without these cookies, services that are necessary for you to be able to use the site such as accessing secure areas can’t be provided. These include cookies used to authenticate users during log-in.
These cookies collect information about how people are using our website, for example which pages are visited the most often, how people are moving from one link to another and if they get error messages from certain pages. These cookies don’t gather information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is grouped together with information from other people’s use of the website on an anonymous basis. Overall, these cookies provide us with analytical information about how our website is performing and how we can improve it.
These cookies allow us to remember choices you make and tailor our website to provide enhanced features and content to you. For example, these cookies can be used to remember your username, language choice or country selection and they can also be used to remember changes you’ve made to text size, font and other parts of pages that you can customize. In addition, they may be used to provide services you’ve asked for such as using our chat program.
These cookies are used to deliver advertisements on our Service and applications and to deliver advertisements on other sites and/or mobile applications to users that have visited or used our website or services, or to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. These cookies are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure and report the results and effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They remember that you have visited a website and this information may be shared with other organizations such as advertisers. This means you may see advertisements on our Service based on your activity elsewhere on the Web and after you have been to our Service you may see advertisements about our services or other services elsewhere on the Internet or on other devices you use.
Social Media Cookies
Fraud Prevention Cookies
These cookie files, flash storage tokens, smart phone SDK applications, or other software on the end user’s device contain a unique identifier. Subsequently, in transactions between you and us, that identifier is accessed and checked through third party databases to determine if the device has been associated with suspected fraud or abuse reported by other online service providers in connection with prior transactions involving that device.
How long will cookies stay on my browsing device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your browsing device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your browsing device after you have finished browsing and until they expire or are deleted.
First and third party cookies
“First party cookies” are cookies that belong to RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE, while “third party cookies” are cookies that another party places on your browsing device when you visit our website or use our Service. Both first and third party cookies can be analytics, functionality, and advertising cookies. We do not respond to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
Third parties setting cookies through our website or mobile application also provide a service to us or a function of our site or display ads on our site and applications, but we do not control how third party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies from this website
Our Cookies (first party cookies)
You may be able to use the browser that you are viewing this website with to enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the website and other parts of the website may also not work properly.
You can find out more information about how to change your browser cookie settings by referring to your browser’s technical information, or at third-party information sites like www.allaboutcookies.org. You may also be able to opt-out of some targeted advertising on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (Android).
Third Party Cookies
RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE
By registering, using or subscribing to the Services, you confirm that you have read and consent to:
- the collection of your personal information as described in this Policy, particularly as noted in Section 1 of this Policy (including, for example, your contact information, demographic information, age, gender and dating gender preference), including information from social networking sites;
- the processing of your personal information, including your sensitive information (including, for example your dating gender preference, dating relationship experiences, ethnicity, religion and political views), as described in this Policy, particularly including those uses described in Section 2 of this Policy;
- the sharing of personal information with third parties as described in Section 3 and 9 of this Policy;
- the storage and processing of your personal information in the United States of America (and other countries) as described in Section 6 of this Policy;
- the use of your personal information to send you notifications, promotions and advertising by email, SMS or MMS text message or in accordance with Section 2, 3 and 4 of this Policy; and
- the collection and use of location information
- the sharing of personal information with third parties for fraud detection and prevention services
If you have any questions relating to the content of this Policy please contact us using the contact information set out below.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of information we collect can include:
- Information You Provide. When you register, use or subscribe to any of our Services or take part in any interactive features of the Services (such as any contests, games, promotions, quizzes, surveys, research or other services or features), we may collect a variety of information, including:
- Contact Information such as your name, email address, phone number, including mobile phone number, and correspondence address (“Contact Information”); and
- Other Information such as birth date, photographs, videos, password, billing information, credit card information, demographic information, place of work, your personal interests and background, gender, age, dating gender preference, dating age range preference, physical characteristics, personal description, sexual life experiences, ethnicity, religion, political views, geographical location (including GPS), and any other information you share with the Services. We may also receive information about you from other users. For example, we will collect your email address if another user tries to refer RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE to you. We may collect billing or payments information if you engage with a paid Service.
- Information About How You Use the Services. We may collect information about your participation and actions on the Services. This may include information such as the pages and profiles you view, how you browse the Services, your RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE coin balance and purchases you make through the Services such as boosts and gifts. It can also include the various functions and features that you use, such as RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE Messenger, the connections you make, other friends or contacts you invite to the Services and profile searches you perform, or your use of our applications.
- Information from Content You Upload. When you upload photos, videos or other content to the Services, we may collect information about the content, such as the time, date and place the photo or content was taken or uploaded (also known as metadata), and how you use them, who views them or with whom you share.
Information Automatically Collected. When you access our Services, we and our third party partners automatically record information from your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, date and time stamp and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account. When you access our Services using a mobile device, we may also receive or collect identification numbers associated with your device (such as a
unique device ID, IDFA, Google AdID and Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, email address, other apps that you have downloaded, and, if you have enabled features and functions of the Services that use your device’s location, your geographical location data (including GPS). We also collect information about your usage of, and activity on, our Services. Also, some of the information we collect, for example an IP address, can sometimes be used to approximate a device’s location. We may work with third parties to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which attempt to recognize you across multiple devices so that we understand how you use our Service across various devices.
- Your Communications with Us and Other Users. We collect communications you send to us (such as emails), comments that you post on the pages we have on a third-party service, such as our YouTube, Twitter and Facebook pages and messages that you send us directly through those services. We may also collect any comments, photos, messages or other content or communications you and other users share on the Services.
- Third-Party Social Networking Sites. When you have enabled the use of our Services through a third-party social networking or similar site or mobile or other application (a “Social Networking Site”) or connect or link our Services to a Social Networking Site, such as Facebook, Google+ or Twitter, you permit RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE to access and use certain information about you that is made available to RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE through or from that Social Networking Site. The information obtained by RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE varies by Social Networking Site and may be affected by the permission and privacy settings you establish at that Social Networking Site, but can include information such as your name, profile picture, public Facebook profile, network, gender, username, user ID, age range or birthday, place of work, relationship interests, language, location, country, interests, photos, photos you are tagged in, videos, contacts list, friends lists or followers and other information such as information about Facebook friends you might share in common with other members of the Services. By using or linking our Services through or with a Social Networking Site, you are authorizing RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE to collect, store, retain and use, in accordance with this Policy, any and all of your information that RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE has obtained from the Social Networking Site, including to create a RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE profile page and account for you. Depending on the Social Networking Site and your privacy settings, RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE may also post information to your Social Networking Site. Your agreement to the foregoing takes place when you “accept” or “allow” or “go to” (or other similar terms, such as tapping “Okay”) our application from a Social Networking Site, go to a Social Networking Site from the Services, when you sign up or login to the Services through a Social Networking Site (such as by tapping “Sign up with Facebook” or “Log in with Facebook” on the Services), when you otherwise connect or link your Social Networking Site to our Services, or the transfer of information to RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE from such site. If there is information about your “friends” or people you are associated with in your Social Networking Site account, the information we obtain about those persons may also depend on the privacy settings such people have with the applicable Social Networking Site. You acknowledge and agree that RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE is not responsible for, and has no control over, any applicable privacy settings on any Social Networking Sites (including any settings related to any messages or advertisements about RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE that the Social Networking Site may send to you or your friends). You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on Social Networking Sites before getting or using applications such as ours or linking or connecting your Social Networking Site account to the Services.
- Location Data. When you have enabled geographical location-based or GPS services on your device in relation to a RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE mobile app or any RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE features or services that use geographical location-based or GPS information, we will collect information about your geographical location or GPS position based on the location of the device you are using to access our Services.
- Information Provided by Others. We may be provided with information relating to you or your conduct on the Services by other users of the Services. We also collect information that third-party organizations may provide to us, such as contact details, demographic information, Internet navigation details, credit reference or fraud prevention information. Financial institutions or payment processors may also provide us updated payment information or payment methods related to your paid account or paid subscription and services.
- Address Book. We may also offer you the ability to import your address book contacts or manually enter email addresses so that you can (i) locate your contacts on the Services or other products or services offered by RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE; or (ii) invite your contacts to join you on the Services or other products or services offered by RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE. When we invite your friends to join the Services, we may include your name, photo or other information to let them know that you are the person extending the invitation. After sending these invitations, we may also send reminder emails to your invitees on your behalf. We will store those contacts for purposes of alerting you when your contacts join the Services or other products or services offered by RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE at a later time, so that you may connect with them on RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE, and to suggest friends and connections to other members of the Services or other products or services offered by RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use your personal information for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on or in connection with our Services (e.g., through disclosures or consent mechanisms that may appear when you access certain services, features or applications). The ways in which we may use this information include to:
- Provide the requested Services: to administer and maintain your RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE account and generally provide the functions and features that are part of the Services (including providing communications as described below). We will use all categories of information described in Section 1 to do this. This includes using your information as described in this Policy and providing the functions and features of the Services to you;
- Analyze and develop our products and services: to develop, deliver, measure, monitor, analyze and improve our Services or other products or services offered by RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE and develop new products and services. We will use all categories of information described in Section 1;
- Communicate with you: to respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service, to provide any messaging or communications associated with the functions and features of the Services (including by email, SMS or MMS text message), to keep you posted on our latest product or service announcements or updates, software updates, security alerts and any technical notices, to provide you with confirmation of purchases, invoices, support and administrative messages or notice about changes to our terms, conditions or policies. We will use your Contact Information when we communicate with you. Where it is relevant to the issues we are contacting you about we may also use the other categories of information described in Section 1 above;
- Geographical or GPS location-based services: in addition to the uses described above, to provide features of the Services that may be relevant to you and your geographical location or GPS information, such as Services provided through our mobile apps that may allow users to see more information about each other, for example, common restaurants or points of interest visited or seen; you should always check the location-based settings on both your device and on the Services to manage such services;
- Perform other functions as may otherwise be described to you at the time of collection or as enabled by you in relation to our Services or other products or services offered by RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE; and
- Link or combine information about you with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Our Services allow you to share information about yourself with other individuals and other companies, including other users and potential users of the Services or other products or services offered by RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE and third-party Social Networking Sites. Consider your own privacy and personal safety when sharing your information with anyone, including information you share through your profile, as profiles include basic information that was provided at registration, information provided through a Social Networking Site, and may include other information added by you or your friends (for example, your religion, ethnicity and physical characteristics), as well as information about your use of the Service (for example, whether you were recently logged in to RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE). Please review our Online Dating Safety Tips for tips in using our Services.
Information on your profile is viewable by other users or visitors to our Services, and may also be viewable through public search or on third-party sites that you use. We do not control who reads the information you share or what others may do with this information, so we encourage you to use discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Also, when sharing information about others, please consider their safety and privacy and get their consent for that sharing.
Additionally, we may share information with third parties as follows:
- with third party vendors, consultants, advertising partners, and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, which may include, but is not limited to, identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing fraud detection services, processing payments, providing chargeback representation services or providing analytics or attribution services;
- with our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, for example, when running a contest or promotion;
- in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy, dissolution, divestiture or any related or similar proceedings; and
We may also share information with others that is not personal information, or that is in an aggregated or anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual or is provided in hashed, non-human readable form.
For further information on your marketing and advertising options see the “Marketing Choices” section below. Note that the term “third party” does not include companies in the same group of companies as RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE, which includes our subsidiaries (that is, any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (that is, any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries that our holding company owns. Unless otherwise indicated, these companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy.
- Communications from Us. By registering for our Services, you consent to receive email messages from us. You can opt out of receiving certain messages from us by visiting the “settings” page of your account or by clicking the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link on these email communications from RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE. Note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as technical notices or purchase confirmations, or our ongoing business activities in order to provide the Services to you. If you consent to receive SMS or MMS text messages, we may communicate with you via text.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
Please note that if you change information in your account or otherwise opt out of receiving certain communications, this will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
TRANSFER AND SECURITY OF INFORMATION
Although our website is a general audience site, we restrict the use of our Services to individuals age 18 and above. We do not intentionally collect or maintain personal information from children under the age of 13. If you become aware that personal information about a person under 13 has been provided to us, please immediately contact us using the details below.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites of our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, retailers or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please always check the privacy policies that apply to a third party site before you provide any information to the website.
FRAUD PREVENTION SERVICES
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to modify this Policy from time to time. If we make changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Revision” date below and will post the updated Policy on this page. We may also provide other methods of notice or request your consent depending on the circumstances.
NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties or require disclosure of any personal information relating to users of the Service.
CONTACTING RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at privacy@RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE.com or by writing to us at: Kyle Thomas-Brooks, Inc., 7601 FM 1960 Rd East Humble Texas 77346.
LAST REVISION DATE AND EFFECTIVE DATE
This Policy was last revised on May 29, 2018. For users who registered for the Services prior to July 1st 2018, this Policy will be effective on July 1st 2018.
LANGUAGE OF THE POLICY
The language of this Policy is English. Where RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE has provided a translation of the English version of this Policy, you agree that the translation is provided for your convenience only and that the English language version of this Policy will govern your relationship with RELATIONSHIPS OF LIFE. If there is any contradiction between what the English language version of this Policy says and what a translation says, then the English language version will take precedence.